Home stretch

Here I am, at almost 35 weeks pregnant!  I am officially in the homestretch!  My appointments are every week now - and they will continue to check my cervix to see if labor is around the corner.  I am a bag of mixed emotions still.  Mostly excited, but still find myself anxious about labor and delivery, and most importantly, about bringing the baby home.  Justin keeps reminding me that I can do this with my eyes closed as I've done it twice before.  But truth be told, because I KNOW what to expect - I am the most nervous this time around.  I remember everything that is involved at the hospital and I remember just how much work newborns are.  But, I also remember how sweet their newborn heads smell, how often they peacefully sleep, and just how special it is to have my sleeping baby lay on my chest while I feel their sweet breath under my chin.  I am also so very excited to walk in our front door and introduce Olivia and Jack to their newest sibling for the first time when we come home from the hospital.  We are very excited to meet our son and have our family feel even more complete. 



Below is a profile pic of the baby from our last ultrasound.  I know, kind of hard to make out.  The good news - he is head down and ready for delivery.  He is also measuring in at almost 6 lbs already when he was anticipated to be about 4 lbs.  The doctor was shocked - especially since this ultrasound was scheduled because my belly  was measuring a few weeks behind.  The tech also made mention of seeing hair on his little head.  Curious to see if that hair will be red at birth like the other two.


And, below are pictures of the nursery!  I am so very pleased with the way his room turned out.  So light, fresh and soothing.  I can't wait to rock him in that glidder.  Soon enough....





Oh, and the kids are awfully excited!  Jack is so fascinated with my ever-expanding belly.  He always wants me to lift up my shirt so he can rub it....and sometimes smack my belly.  Here he is showing us his baby belly.


And Miss Liv is all smiles when you bring up the arrival of HER baby...  She tells me all the time that she can't wait to hold him.  On the couch, though!



Well, here was the latest new baby update. Next post about him - will be us introducing him to you....

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Emily you look great! I can't believe he'll be in here in no time!!! The nursery is super cute too! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Adorable room...looks like you're ready! Bring on the that baby boy!!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace

Tomorrow (01/07) you turn THREE years old!!!!  I cannot believe it!  You truly continue to complete our family and bring us so much love and...