Happy 2nd Birthday, Jack!
Our sweet boy, John Alexander Conger, turns two years old today. And we couldn't be more proud to have him as our son . He is so very special and has such a tender heart and quiet strength about him - that I find he teaches us just as much as we are able to teach him about what's most important in life.
At two years old, Jack has such a strong sense of self. He knows exactly what he likes, and what he doesn't like. He knows exactly what he is comfortable doing and what makes him uncertain. He is cautious, he is an observer, and he is a fast learner. He has always amazed us with his ability to maintain concentration while reading books, building blocks, and attempting puzzles. He doesn't give up. He has determination that is note-worthy. Almost everything comes naturally to this young boy. From hand-eye coordination, to the proper way to grip a pencil, from how to catch and dribble a basketball, to using utensils at the dinner table. He is a natural at almost everything he does.
He loves his blankie, which has been his lovie for a long time now. We think it is oh-so-cute! He is also a night-time cuddler. Even though he is two years old, I still rock my son to sleep with a warm bottle of milk every night. Pediatricians can judge me and scold me - but it won't change my mind. If you are my child, you are never to old to be rocked at night. That is our special quiet time together. It's more for me than it is for him, I am sure.
Jack is a leader and a follower. He knows when to take charge and when to be directed by others. He is willing to play whatever game his older sister has in mind for them. Starting to talk in sentences more and more every week. He is saying phrases like, "All gone." "I want more." His vocabulary is expanding every day. It amazes us that he can roll the word "Olivia" off his tongue all day long. Pretty impressive as that is a difficult word to say.
Happy Birthday, to our favorite little buddy! We love you, son! Our lives have been enhanced that last couple of years thanks to YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace
Tomorrow (01/07) you turn THREE years old!!!! I cannot believe it! You truly continue to complete our family and bring us so much love and...
-
....in our basement, that is! Olivia, er, Miss Conger is teaching her students about the alphabet. That's her teacher's des...
-
Look at that face!!! Ahhh, it just melts me. I can't help but smile everytime I see his big gummy grin. Why does he have to grow...
-
Dear Olivia, Where to begin. Let me start by trying to put into words just how much I love you. This feeling I have inside for you ca...
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack - what a very nice tribute your mother has written in your name. I agree with her all her thoughts and we all feel so blessed to have YOU in our lives. Love, Aunt Peg
Happy Birthday Sweet Jack! Such a joy to watch you grow up!!!
Happy Birthday Jack! Great pics Emily. I hope you guys have fun celebrating!
Post a Comment