Boot it!
I am pleased to share that my daughter is truly enjoying soccer class. This makes me so happy. After all, this was MY sport. I played my whole childhood and even for my high school team. Some of my best friends, to this day, are from my soccer teams. Such close bonds are formed inside team sports. She and her friend, Lillie Burns, play together every Tuesday evening at the YMCA. This is a test drive as they may be playing Lebanon Youth Soccer this Spring. I have to admit, she makes us pretty proud out there on the field. Her dribbling skills are pretty impressive for a beginner. She has decent control of the ball. She's definitely "coaching material." And I hope to be that coach one day.
And I promise to never say "Boot It!" My mother said that from the sidelines to me all the time and that was so embarrassing. Especially when you are playing Varsity Soccer - the word "boot it" just doesn't belong anymore.
On a differtent note - Olivia came home from school today acting very coy. Finally after lunch, when I put her to bed for her afternoon nap she told me what was on her mind.
"Mom, Nick asked me to marry him today at school."
I couldn't help but giggle.
I asked her what she told Nick in response.
She said, "I do want to marry a boy one day, but I can't marry you because I still want to live with my mom, my dad and Jack."
It was so innocent and so cute. I think she was truly flattered and also a little worried that she was going to have to be married to him. So I put her mind to rest. And we laughed about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace
Tomorrow (01/07) you turn THREE years old!!!! I cannot believe it! You truly continue to complete our family and bring us so much love and...
-
....in our basement, that is! Olivia, er, Miss Conger is teaching her students about the alphabet. That's her teacher's des...
-
Look at that face!!! Ahhh, it just melts me. I can't help but smile everytime I see his big gummy grin. Why does he have to grow...
-
Dear Olivia, Where to begin. Let me start by trying to put into words just how much I love you. This feeling I have inside for you ca...
1 comment:
I promise I will not shout "boot it" to Miss Olivia at her games...well maybe...just once.
Post a Comment