Before and After

My Formal Living room before:

And my Formal Living Room now:






It went from, what we called, the Livie Room to our Living Room.  Now that Jack is old enough to play independently, we moved all the toys to the basement. We still have a few puzzles and blocks in there for the kids to play with.   I was finally able to put big girl furniture in here.  I am really pleased with the way the room turned out (on such a budget.)  Most of the pieces we had all ready stored in the basement, or I re purposed old furniture.  Example:  I painted Justin's old college desk an antique white and changed out the hardware - and now it looks brand new.  We painted the room and it's my new favorite color in the whole house.  It's called Perfect Greige by Sherwinn Williams.  I put up window treatments finally - and it made a huge impact on the room.  Lots of trips to HomeGoods, Pottery Barn, Ballard Design, and Target to pull the room together.  (looking ahead we are going to put a Christmas Tree in the window this Season!)

I guess it's safe to say I am already in "nesting mode!"  It feels good to make my house feel more and more like our home!  I've done a lot of projects that I can share, and I have a lot more on the back burner - poor Justin!

No comments:

Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace

Tomorrow (01/07) you turn THREE years old!!!!  I cannot believe it!  You truly continue to complete our family and bring us so much love and...