Dear Thistle Lane,


 


Dear Thistle Lane,

I've been dreading this post for a week now.  Trying to come up with the right words to say good bye is tough.  I know to some you are just a house - but that's not true for us.  You are so much more.  You mark an era of our family.  An era that I will never forget.

Let me explain..

When we first moved into this house in August of 2009 it seemed so overwhelming huge and so overwlehming far away.  Our daughter was just a baby (13 months old) and I was expecting again.  The 2nd pregnancy is what prompted the move. 

We left our old two bedroom house in Oakley for the suburbs.  We wanted to have a yard to play in.  Bedrooms for all the kids to grow into.  And most importantly we wanted to be close to Justin's office as our family was so young and we needed him close by.  That was such a blessing.  He came home for lunches most days and his evening commute was so short.  That was invaluable for us.

 
 
Almost 5 years later I had no idea how much the house would become our HOME.  Home sweet home.  When we moved here, we had just one baby playing in the moving boxes.  Now, as we leave here we have two more babies playing in the moving boxes....
 
We grew to a family of 5 in this house.  The heart and bulk of our marriage took place in this house.  Lots of growing pains in this house. 
 
Our home holds so many memories.  (Bringing home Jack from the hospital, Olivia starting preschool here, Jack learning to walk, building the swingset in our backyard, bringing home Grant from the hospital, birthday parties, Jack starting school, Olivia learning to ride a two wheeler, losing a first tooth, Grant saying a first word, starting kindergarten, ect.)
 
The list could go on and on.  THIS is why I am so sad.  I had no idea the heartstrings would be so tugged at right now.  Yesterday was tough.  It hit me hard.  For some reason I feel like we are making a mistake moving and I want to pull the plug.  But, I also know this is the time to move.  We want to be closer to our kids school and we are ready for a change.  But saying good bye is tough.  My kids keep asking why mommy is crying.  I try to explain they are tears of joy.  I trying to convince myself of that too.
 
 
Good bye Thistle Lane.
 
Thank you for all the great memories.  I will never EVER forget this place.  I feel like I will share stories for years to come that all take place here.
 

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Thanks Thistle Lane for all the special memories. Now, we look forward to new memories in the next Justin and Emily Conger home.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace

Tomorrow (01/07) you turn THREE years old!!!!  I cannot believe it!  You truly continue to complete our family and bring us so much love and...