Wait. What? One month, already?
Wow! That blows my mind. Grant is 5 weeks old today. As I reflect back on the first month of his young life I feel like I can sum it up in one word - contentment. That is the exact word that comes to mind when I think of this baby. He is always content. A true pleasure to be around. There is nothing more peaceful than a content child.
He is still such an easy baby with a great disposition. He adapts exceptionally well. We've introduced a bottle to him at 3 weeks and he takes it with ease. What a relief that is to mom!! He even takes a few ounces of formula at night. Gasp, I know. But, I have let go of the mommy guilt and give him (a whopping 2 ounces of) formula so I am not tethered to him in the evenings. Lots to get done during those hours - dinner, bath and bedtime. He doesn't have a "witching hour" at night. I rarely hear him cry. He is sleeping really well. I am just now laying him down in his crib in his own room for naps during the day. He enjoys sleeping on his tummy. Gasp again, but I feel comfortable with that as he can turn his head from side to side. He has rolled over several times from his tummy to his back. I know no one believes me - but I have witnesses!
He discovered his hands. Basically because we just now keep them uncovered from his onesies. He makes fists and tries to put them in his mouth. He is also grabbing a little bit. Yesterday he grabbed at the collar of my shirt and he has also grabbed on to Olivia's hair (probably because she is always two inches from his face.) He is much more alert during the day and is making great eye contact. His eyes are still a crisp blue. His eyelashes are starting to come in blond, just like his eyebrows.
His one month stats: 24 inches and 8.15 ounces. He has grown nearly 3 inches in a month which puts him OFF the growth chart at the doctors office. He is in the 30% tile for weight. Long and lean. The pediatrician said he has the longest legs and longest feet of any infant she's seen.
Here is a gallery of pics of our boy. Enjoy..
on our way to the doctors office this morning.
a little too little for this seat just yet. But, check out the size of those feet!
he loves this seat. We just put the batteries in so it vibrates - an extra excitement for him!
Excuse me. Is there a fly on my nose?
Brother and sister still argue over who gets to hold the baby. Notice Jack's tears.







No comments:
Post a Comment