This adorable chalk-board flower pot my friend, Kristen made me. I love it. I write a new message on there after every rain fall washes the previous one away. It's fun. I also love pink impatiens. They are by far my favorite annual.
Next up - fresh mulch! I finally got around to mulching. It's amazing when planning an upcoming outdoor party can do to your landscape ambition. I didn't do the whole yard. It needed 12 yards of mulch and a good weekend's worth of work. So I just did around the patio (for now). I also am loving my new patio seat cushions and pillows. It's amazing how new pillows can really freshen up an old patio set.
This kids' picnic table is also a backyard favorite. It came with the swingset we installed last summer. I decided to paint the picnic table so we wouldn't have to worry the wood fading and looking old. I had left over paint from our kitchen and got to work. The wood literally drank the paint, so it needed a few coats. I also spray painted number stencils on the seats to give it a more personalized look. I am pretty pleased with it and am happy with how much use it gets :)
Last up - these adorable little adirondack chairs. How cute are these!?! I found them at the end of last summer at Lowe's for $5 a piece. They were bright yellow, very shinny, and looked very plastic. So, I spray painted them recently and now (to me) anyways, they look like actual wood chairs. Thinking of putting their initials on the backs of them.... But for now, they are just antique white.
On a personal note - I am still LOVING photography. I mean, really, really loving it. One day, I plan on pursuing it. Until then, I have two gorgeous children to photograph and keep me busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment